10 THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD FIX IN 2020
2019 no doubt was good despite all that happened and all the hardship in Nigeria but before you exit this year, you must prepare yourself, go through your life. Identify your strengths and weaknesses.
1. Walk With People Wiser Or Stronger Than You. In 2020, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, and make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you on things that will improve you physically, mentally and otherwise.
2. Check Your Appearance. Don’t put on ‘anything’ just because it covers your nakedness. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your dress neatly. Don’t wear dresses in the name of fashion or trend. Wear more decent but fitting dresses. This is the slogan: Simple but Classy.
3. Check How You Talk. I fall into this category and I have made a decision that before I open my mouth, I will be mindful of who I am talking to, where I am talking when I am talking and also know that my integrity is at stake. In every situation, I will choose silence over speech unless I don’t have any option.
4. Be Open-minded. See things not just from your views but from others too. Don’t always judge by your feelings. If possible seek others’ opinions before deciding on issues. DON’T PRAY BECAUSE OTHERS ARE PRAYING for you might be burdened by things you don’t need. Ask yourself if your desires are YOUR NEEDS.
5. Always Think Positively And Be Realistic. When you see tigers praying to God, don’t join them. You can’t be positive that they won’t eat you since they are praying but be realistic too that after the prayers, they’ll remain tigers and God will feed them with flesh.
6. Appreciate Your Loved Ones. In 2020, try and do something even if it’s small for your loved ones, be it your parents, siblings, and lover. You have no idea what goes on in their minds Let them feel you are not far, that you still care about them.
7. Invest More, Save Less, Spend Less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy T-bills, buy shares, buy fixed deposits, import some goods and sell, be a stockbroker, etc. When you save up in the bank, they borrow it out to people that need it for business so invest. In fact, get more than one stream of income!
8. Pursue Something. Don’t walk in the entire 365 days without having something particular in mind to achieve. Start learning new things – a new program, a trade, anything because you don’t know when you’ll need them; start a building project; buy a car; pay school fees; start some job. Just do something! Many known names have gone and life goes on. The point is, don’t work your life out. You won’t take your work with you when you die. You are not as important as you think, calm down. Take time off work, go and do medical check-up, visit your family, visit gardens or the beach and appreciate nature, etc.
9. Visit The Helpless. Don’t let the helpless feel unwanted or neglected in the scheme of things. Check on relatives, friends, neighbors, former classmates. Just people you know will appreciate someone checked on them.
10. Finally, Share Only Things That Mean So Much To You. Don’t give,e only what you don’t need. Share opinions that reflect your opinions. Create an impact on the life of people around you.