Actors & Actresses above 40 yet still single
Getting married is maybe one of the most difficult decisions a person has to make, that is if the person wants to be married. The process of finding the right partner is almost as difficult as making heaven. In ancient times, parents married off their children against their will, could be for personal benefit, poverty e.t.c. Matchmaking was very common and marriages lasted longer.
These days, people want to marry the persons they love, ignoring other long term attributes and forgetting that love alone is not enough to sustain a relationship.
Due to personality differences, relationships are unstable and sustainability takes two good partners who are willing to make it work against all odds.
Over the years in the movie industry, celebrities rank top, when it comes to failed marriages. Some are well over 40 and still single, while others are divorced.
We’ve put together a list of some actors who are in this boat together, hoping they might have a rethink so that we’ll hear wedding bells soon.
This is just a reminder, in case they’ve forgotten!
1. Eucharia Anunobi 54: Actress cum Televangelist, Eucharia Anunobi, was once married to Innocent Ekwu and the marriage lasted from 2000 -2009. Eucharia had a son named Raymond Ekwu but unfortunately lost him in 2018 due to a doctor’s mistake. She is single.
2. Bukky Wright 52: First of Bukky Wright’s husbands was Gboyega Amu, the marriage brought them, two children, then Rotimi Makinde who is a member of the House of Representatives, then famous journalist Femi Davies, then Bolaji Saheed, a music promoter, reportedly became her fourth husband, then her fifth husband, US-based Adewale Onitiri, all marriage crashed. She is still single.
3. Faithia Balogun 50: The Nigerian actress, filmmaker, producer and director, whose marriage to actor Saheed Balogun hit rock bottom in 2014 was born on the 5th of February 1969 and she has remained unmarried ever since.
4. Bimbo Akintola 49: Versatile actress, Bimbo Akintola is another relationship enigma, The sultry actress has the ability to blend into any role given her but hasn’t quite snatched Mr Right.
5. Shan George 49: Actress, Shan George can easily pass for a young lady with her agility and beauty. The mulatto, Cross River State-born star has two children and is yet to settle down after several reported failed marriages.
6. Kate Henshaw 48: Known as one of the most popular and talented actresses in Nollywood, not much has been said about her relationships but she was once married to Rod Nattal back in 2000 and the two split. She’s been unmarried ever since then. Kate has a daughter named Gabrielle Nuttal.
7. Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic 44: Gorgeous Princess Rita who hails from Mbaise in Imo state and a degree holder from the University of Port Harcourt UNIPORT is single and a major key player in the Nigerian movie industry.
8. Eniola Badmus 41: The plus size actor who became famous after featuring in the film Jenifa, a very successful seasonal show is very single.
9. Genevieve Nnaji 40: Nigerian actor and film producer who won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005, making her the first actor to win the award. The ”Lion Heart” director was also honoured as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to Nollywood. Genevieve has a daughter named Chimebuka Nnaji whom she keeps away from the prying eyes of the media. She is still single.
MEN, 40 and Unmarried
1. Sylvester Madu 44: Sylvester Madu is a Nollywood actor, director, model, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist born on 11th January 1975 is still single and not stories of baby mama yet.
2. Nonso Diobi 43: The multiple award-winning Nigerian actors and film director, while studying Theatre Art at the University of Nigeria, made his debut on-screen appearance in a 2001 film titled Border Line followed by an outstanding performance in the movie titled “Hatred”. This fine man has never been married, ladies take note.
3. Frederick Leonard 43: The creative and talented actor was born on the 1st of May 1976. He is a native of Anambra State, the southeastern part of Nigeria. Ladies, you can shoot your shot, incase this very handsome guy doesn’t have marriage on his to-do list.
4. Jim Iyke 42: Nigerian actor, Jim Iyke has a baby boy from European lady, Dana he fondly calls King Harv but is yet to be married. The 42-year-old was once linked with Ghanaian born actress, Nadia Buari but the relationship obviously did not lead to the altar.