UBA Bank provides N5 billion ($14million) for COVID-19 relief support across Africa
On Wednesday, March 26th, 2020, the United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) announced a donation of over 5 billion Naira through the UBA Foundation, to catalyze a comprehensive pan-African response to the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic.
The donation will provide significant and much needed support to Nigeria and 19 other African countries by supplying relief materials, critical care facilities and financial support to governments.
The UBA support program will be allocated as follows:
1. N1 billion to Lagos State Government in Nigeria
2. N500 million to Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory Abuja
3. N1 billion to the remaining States in Nigeria
4. N1.5 billion to UBA’s presence Countries in Africa
5. N1 billion for medical centers with equipment and supplies
And free medical call center facility