#Lifestyle: 17 Things You Should Stop Focusing in order to move futher
- FAILURES: Failures are difficult, but they’re all part of the learning process. Don’t be afraid to fail and most importantly don’t let them discourage you. Pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Failure is just another lesson in life.
- THE PAST: What happened in the past might not be long-forgotten, but it is GONE. You can’t change it and you’ll definitely waste your precious time stressing over it. Forgive yourself, leave the past beside you and concentrate on your present moment.
- HAVING THE PERFECT BODY: The perfect, mesmerizing and hot body is a lie. It is a marketing trick by the corporate tycoons, just so we would buy their slim-line products or expensive gadgets. Accept your flaws. Learn to love your body. You are beautiful.
Like me, I’m short and I love myself perfectly.
- WHETHER YOU WEAR A 4-INCH HEELS OR SNEAKERS: It is your goddamn style and you’ll do as you please. Whether you decide to wear your mom jeans or a mini skirt with high heels, my dear wears what you feel comfortable on.
- BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME: You need to understand that you won’t always be right about everything. Each person has their own set of beliefs and preferences. There’s no such thing as normal.
- GOSSIPING: Learn to love your life and work hard for the things you desire. Trashing someone behind their back is just childish. Don’t waste your life on hate.
- REGRETING THINGS: Learn to accept the things you did. It was your decision and you should show some responsibility for it. Stop having regrets. The past is gone, and it is up to you to learn your lesson and continue your journey.
- THE TOXIC PEOPLE AROUND YOU: Whatever you do, make sure to maintain safe and solid boundaries around you. And don’t you ever give a single damn about those energy-sucking vampires. Leave them and promise yourself to never, ever look back.
- WHAT OTHERS THINK: When you worry much about what others think or say about you, you live your life for them. You care too much about how you look to them, and how they perceive you. People will always judge. Always Remember.
- MANDATORY NIGHT-OUTS ON A FRIDAY NIGHT: And why would you even sweat it? You could do whatever you want on a Friday night, which doesn’t necessarily include a night-out of barhopping. Want to stay home and binge-watch series on Netflix? I say go for it! Just do you…
- BEING WORSHIPED ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM: If you like to share something, for the love of God just do it. But stop giving a damn whether you have 100 or 1000 likes. Share it because you want to! Don’t allow yourself to become a slave of social media.
- EVERYTHING THAT YOU DON’T HAVE: There will always be people who have more than we do. And that shouldn’t be intimidating to you. The grass shouldn’t always be greener on the other side. It all depends on you. Take care of your side and appreciate what you have.
- SEEKING REVENGE: Don’t waste your energy on revenge. I promise it won’t make you feel as good as you think it would. You’ll only feel more miserable because you’ve hurt someone.
- WORRYING ABOUT “WHAT IFS”: The future is way ahead of you. Don’t stress over its unpredictability. Instead, do everything in your power to make it a good one by focusing on the present.
- GIVING A DAMN ABOUT MATERIAL POSSESSIONS: Okay, money does feel nice. We all want a bag full of millions of dollars. However, material possessions will never guarantee you happiness. Start building a memorable and happy life. Everything else will follow.
- BEING GOOD ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE: What does “good” mean anyway? Is there a rule on how a person should behave in order to be accepted by the masses? The fact is – whatever you do, you will never be able to satisfy everyone out there. So, you’ll only be wasting your precious energy and time on Earth. Start living your life the way you want to!
- 17. WORRYING ABOUT PEOPLE’S APPROVAL: It is okay to listen to a piece of advice, but you should never make the mistake to ask someone for their approval. If you wait for someone’s validation, it is likely you’ll suffer from rejection.
It is your life, damn it. Take some responsibility for it!